Autumn 2023 Faculty Affiliate Funding Opportunities
CSRPC Faculty affiliates may apply for faculty grants for ongoing or new research projects, programming initiatives, and conferences. We hope to distribute up to $2500 for individual projects and $5000 for joint projects. These grants may serve as seed money for projects ultimately requiring larger grants from outside sources or they may cover the entire costs of a project.
All affiliates are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to junior faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and faculty affiliates who are most active in the life of the Center. Applications will be reviewed by a committee of CSRPC faculty affiliates.
- Up to $2,500 for Transdisciplinary Research Ideas Incubator Projects (TRI2)
- Up to $5,000 for individual research projects
As part of our co-sponsorship application process, we are asking that those seeking co-sponsorship, research funding, or space use from the Center for the Study of Race, Politics, and Culture (CSRPC) indicate how their project aligns with and deepens our Mission and Vision. We provide the mission and vision below.
Please submit your application here. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please reach out to Gina Miranda Samuels (firstname.lastname@example.org), Tracye Matthews (email@example.com), and Marilyn Willis (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Brief research, program or conference proposal (1-2 pages)
- Detailed budget (1 page)
- List of other proposed or received funding
- Specific dollar amount requested from CSRPC and dates/period when the funds will be used
- Please choose from Option A or B and indicate how this project will align with CSRPC’s new mission and vision.
- Help participants understand, critique or explore the ways in which race and racism, or processes of racialization, operate in the systems we inhabit.
- Model or expand on one or more of CSRPC’s vision statements.
Winter Quarter Deadline: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2023 at 12 MIDNIGHT.
Faculty may receive individual and/or group funding only once during the academic year. If you are a faculty member you can only submit a grant proposal to this research request form or for Reimagining the University: Race and Freedom located here. All 2023-2024 funds from this source must be used before June 2, 2024.
PLEASE NOTE: This is the only funding cycle for seeking co-sponsorship and funding support through CSRPC for the academic year 2023-24.
POST AWARD REQUIREMENTS:
- Recipients must submit a short report on the outcomes of the research or conference (1-2 pages) no later than one month after the end of the award period or conference.
- Recipients must acknowledge the support of CSRPC in any publications, social media marketing, websites, presentations, etc. that result from this funding.